Ingredients: sugar, pears, orange juice, nutmeg
Out of Stock
PEAR BUTTER SPICE MUFFINS
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup apple butter ( I used my pear butter)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in a large bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture to another bowl and add pecans, combine and set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to remaining sugar mixture in large bowl. Whisk milk, oil and egg together, combine into flour mixture until just moistened.Batter will be thick.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin cup. Spread to cover bottom of cups.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of pear butter into each cup.
- Spoon remaining batter evenly over apple butter.
- Sprinkle tops with pecan mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.